Monday, April 02, 2007

I had a nightmare

After much of my meetings and running around (and even eating my dinner while I was having a telephone conversation), I took a bus home from the south end of Singapore.

I noticed that there's many anti-smoking ads at bus stops - the ones with a poster of a lady with bad looking mouth.

This lady in front of my seat turned to me and she has that foul mouth! She was saying, "Stop leaning on my chair!"

My iPod was playing More Human than Human by White Zombie.

It was freaking M18 rating. I kid you not, I woke up sweating.

Read articles here and here.

I would say that it's a great campaign and the group behind it has outdone themselves. I just wonder, how long does it take for us to be numb about it and they need to disturb us even further.

A campaign for three months? Try one man. Why numb us? Just shock us and leave.

When I read the papers in the morning, I jumped when I see the printed ad. Hell, I bought an 8 Days magazine and there's the poster girl again at the back inner cover! I freaked out flipping to that page.

Maybe that's the reason why we are crazy.

While I'm at it, DO NOT WATCH HILL HAVE EYES II! Try staring at the poster for two hours! It's cheaper!

Still, good campaign though.

But hey! Finally! Singapore can one day shoot good monster movies!

p.s. I refuse to post the picture of the poster up.

No comments: